If you are considering submitting an application for initial registration as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), you are likely aware ofthe high standards required by the regulator of Australian vocational education system, the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). This is a detailed, demanding and rigorous process where ASQA will determine whether your organisation is ready to educate and issue qualifications to students of Australia and overseas.
There are many excellent consultants who can assist with initial registration and we encourage our client’s to seek a consultant with the expertise necessary to assist the particular qualifications they want to teach.
Engaging a lawyer to help prepare and submit your application in addition to a consultant may mean the difference between a successful registration and having to go back and alter certain aspects of your business to meet requirements.
When you are ready to apply with ASQA and register as an RTO, there are certain requirements which need to be met in order for a successful registration.
– Compliance with all components of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) Quality Framework:
- Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) 2015
- Australian Qualifications Framework
- Fit and Proper Person Requirements
- Financial Viability Risk Assessment Requirements 2011
- Data Provision Requirements 2012.
– You will need to be fully cooperative with ASQA and respond to any monitoring activity they may conduct swiftly by seeking legal advice
– Understand if there are any additional licensing requirements you need to meet, such as state government regulatory requirements
– All and any payments of fees and charges in relation to the registration
You should engage a lawyer to help with this initial stage and support your application. At Gorval Lynch, we work very closely with ASQA and know exactly what’s required in an application. Contact us today so we can help you lodge it correctly and have the best chance of being registered as an RTO.
Meet the team
We have a close team of dedicated lawyers who love a challenge and genuinely enjoy helping those in need. Serge Gorval and Matthew Lynch – both Founders and Managing Partners – have worked together for years and show resilience, compassion and integrity when handling matters. They’re available for consultations and always make themselves accessible for current and future clients, even in between court appearances.