Once you are registered as an RTO you must ensure you maintain ongoing compliance with the Standards for RTOs 2015 and if you train and assess overseas students, the ELICOS Standards and National Code.
The Standards set out the requirements for maintaining quality training and assessment practices including:
- the marketing of courses;
- ensuring that statements made about courses are not misleading;
- ensuring students are suitable for enrolment;
- making sure courses comply with the requirements of the individual training packages that apply – that they teach the correct content;
- ensuring assessment documents can validly and fairly assess students before they are issued with qualifications.
If you recently received registration as an RTO or if you are due to apply for renewal of registration you will be audited by ASQA. You should also be aware that ASQA can audit you at any time. It is better to seek advice prior to audit to ensure your practices are compliant, however, we can also assist during an audit to ensure you get the best chance of passing the audit.
Meet the team
We have a close team of dedicated lawyers who love a challenge and genuinely enjoy helping those in need. Serge Gorval and Matthew Lynch – both Founders and Managing Partners – have worked together for years and show resilience, compassion and integrity when handling matters. They’re available for consultations and always make themselves accessible for current and future clients, even in between court appearances.